Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The last laugh...

OK, so I haven't put up pics...yet! Surely I must be doing something wrong, it seems to take forever just to upload one pic...diddums. But it will happen.
So, I finished typing my first blog and told MM what I had been doing. After reading my first post (I was feeling ever so proud), MM had a laugh and asked who is going to follow me? ... typical male... *wink*
That night MM and I discussed MY veggie patch, isn't funny how you mention you are going to do something then they just run with the idea. Well he has decided where we're having this one, and what we're using.... hhmmm do you think he will look after it for me also?
I couldn't sleep that night as I was thinking what could I plant, so the next morning I was right onto it and searched the net for what veggies are likely to survive out here. Luckily I have plenty to choose from, so this weekend we are heading into town and right on top of my shopping list is seeds. This afternoon I thought the girls and I would make some seedling planters to start off. My veggie patch will be lebanese cucumber, Mini Zuchinni, Button Squash, Green beans, Lettuce, Cherry tomatoes, potatoes and some cocktail onions. Whoohoo can't wait for a few months time.
Girls are going great, although poor lil Millie has had a fever for the last couple of days... we're thinking it's her teeth...poor love. Looky here, I have two little visitors with me at the moment they have actually just found me in the office, they crawl so fast now.
Exciting to say that we have had some rain over the last few days. Not too sure how much exactly as MM looks at the gauge quite often (like a kid in a candy store, and I can't keep up to how many mls). Looks like a good start to 2010 for Bono.
On a sadder note we have lost one of our chooks, thats two this month, although they were two of the older ones, might have to get dad to bring some more over next visit.
Gotta go and play with the girls, one has dads mobile and the other is wrapping herself up in the mouse cord..
Till I get back from my shopping expedition, Rebxx

No comments:

Post a Comment